Re: Approaching Stampede :)

Subject: Re: Approaching Stampede :)
From: vgphil
Date: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:26 pm ((PDT))
Thanks everyone for the help!

I had a listen to sounds captured from the "Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro" and i=
t sounds good, but I couldn't get an idea from any of the sound recordings =
(i looked at on youtube) what distant sound directly in front would sound l=
ike . The open gate with the horses first coming through it was over 50 met=
ers (55 yards) away. But the shotgun mic's I've been looking at I had forgo=
tten to make sure they were stereo, so thanks for reminding me of that

The horses coming through the gate was shot on a dslr we bought back in 201=
1 for its ability to shoot 14mp pics at 7fps,

Fun http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/ApocalypseGod/media/2011-12-01_zpssgu=
tunkr.jpg.html

 http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/ApocalypseGod/media/2011-12-01_zpssgutun=
kr.jpg.html

 Fun http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/ApocalypseGod/media/2011-12-01_zpssg=
utunkr.jpg.html Explore ApocalypseGod's photos on Photobucket.

 View on s1272.photobucket.com http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/Apocalypse=
God/media/2011-12-01_zpssgutunkr.jpg.html
 Preview by Yahoo

it just happened to have 1080 25p video, so we thought we may as well use i=
t every now and then. That's why we never got a better mic.

This is the Video Camera I now have

Video Camera: HC-X1000GC| Panasonic Australia http://www.panasonic.com/au/c=
onsumer/imaging/camcorders/hc-x1000gc.html

 http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/imaging/camcorders/hc-x1000gc.html

 Video Camera: HC-X1000GC| Panasonic Australia http://www.panasonic.com/au/=
consumer/imaging/camcorders/hc-x1000gc.html This shoulder-mount video camer=
a features Full-HD recording and 50x Intelligent Zoom with a 28mm Wide-view=
ing Angle so you can capture a...

 View on www.panasonic.com http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/imaging/cam=
corders/hc-x1000gc.html
 Preview by Yahoo

 The sound pickup is good. But it would be hard to put a deadcat on and the=
 sound it picks up behind it is just as good as the sound in front. That ca=
n be very inconvenient! Especially if you have another horse behind you jus=
t standing there breathing down your neck like i had when i was videoing th=
e other day.

 It also has 2 x XLR mic inputs, not mini jacks. But converters are availab=
le.

 As for the music on the videos, that is because we do videos like this.
 --The horse in the video is a stallion and the brother to a lot of those m=
ares, they wont be put in the same paddock. But at least he doesn't live in=
 a stable.--

 Bfd Brokeford "Rose D'Argent Bfd " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DYkdhP=
UCDYEM

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DYkdhPUCDYEM

 Bfd Brokeford "Rose D'Argent Bfd " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DYkdhP=
UCDYEM 17.1 hh colt by Stedinger (Sandro Hit x Landadel) from Rosenthal Bfd=
 (Romedio x Siegfried).

 View on www.youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DYkdhPUCDYEM
 Preview by Yahoo

If we don't put music to it, its not going to be very interesting because w=
hat you will mostly hear is us talking. Most people who do horse advertisin=
g videos just don't have sound at all. At least we give people the option.

I'm really appreciating the input

Phil

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional