Re: long cable runs with electret microphones

Subject: Re: long cable runs with electret microphones
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:29 pm ((PDT))
Jonas,

In a remote rural environment I have tested longer cable runs with
EM172s running to Olympus LS10, both with and without external preamp
at mic end, and found no noticeable difference in signal quality.
Hence I dispensed with the preamp.  I did find that the quality of the
cable was important, and that shielded cable was better than cheap
unshielded cable.  My main problem was with wallabies tripping over
the cable :-)

Vicki Powys
Australia