Re: My first offering for review and criticism......

Subject: Re: My first offering for review and criticism......
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Tue May 27, 2014 6:37 pm ((PDT))
Is there any way to listen to that without creating a film lair account?=0D
=0D
Peter Shute=0D
=0D
Sent from my iPad=0D
=0D
On 27 May 2014, at 9:17 am, "<nrdavies.jim71=
@yahoo.com> [naturerecordists]" <<na=
>> wrote:=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
A few days ago I recorded the dawn in a little clearing in upland woodland =
in County Durham, UK. The recorder was placed late the night before and I r=
eturned to pick it up about 9am.=0D
=0D
=0D
The rig is as binaural as I can get it, for now. A little stumpy affair tha=
t sits down low on the ground and wrapped in long haired faux fur. One good=
 advantage of this is that it's not eye catching and a passing stranger cou=
ld could easily not notice it's there even if they passed within 30ft of it=
.=0D
=0D
=0D
The mics are a pair of Shure MX391/O. They are held tight to the sides of t=
he dummy head with tight Lycra, under the fur.=0D
=0D
=0D
For this recording they are plugged into a Fel BMA2 and on into the line in=
put of a sony M10. The recorder and preamp are both tucked right inside the=
 hollow 'head', and safe from rain.=0D
=0D
=0D
And that's the thing, I was "planning" on recording a thunder storm, so I s=
et everything very low. There was no thunder storm so I took the kit home t=
hinking I had nothing to show for the effort and risk.=0D
=0D
=0D
On the computer, the recording was very low. I tried giving it all a 20dB l=
ift. To my surprise it came to life quite well. Luckily, I'd used 24bit (44=
.1k). I don't always do that. My computer struggles with high data rate fil=
es and I get frustrated too much with the jobs of topping and tailing and f=
inishing things.=0D
=0D
=0D
So, here it is. Please be gentle with me :)=0D
=0D
=0D
It's available at this link for the next 6 days:=0D
=0D
=0D
http://www.filemail.com/d/ uzbenoyytqyrhnl<http://www.filemail.com/d/uzbeno=
yytqyrhnl>=0D