Re: Fostex FR-2LE ?

Subject: Re: Fostex FR-2LE ?
From: ". m u r m e r ." murmerlist
Date: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:49 am ((PDT))
On 2014.04.24 23:44 ,  wrote:
> Thank you for sharing your experience with the Fostex FR-2LE. Your
> description has been very helpful. It is always good to hear the user
> satisfaction before making a decision on what product to buy/avoid. JI
> am thinking about waiting another couple of weeks before buying a
> recorder. I will use the time to do some more research and hopefully
> more people will share their experience not only on the Fostex FR-2LE
> but also on other field recorders.

hi paulo,

i have also used the fostex fr-2le for years, and have been very
satisfied with the results. i bought mine from oade brothers in the
united states, with their "super mod" upgrade to the mic preamps, which
it appears they still offer:

http://www.oade.com/

i can second most of hans' comments about the preamps, the ease of use,
and the bulkiness and construction. most important i suppose would be
for you to hear it in action. if you search my name on the aporee
soundmaps, almost all my recordings there are made with the fostex,
either with a pair of dpa 4060s, a pair of at3032s, or a pair of
homemade contact mics:

http://aporee.org/maps/

a few direct links to recent relevant contributions:

tilleorg valley, estonia: http://aporee.org/maps/work/?loc=3D22555
toilet cistern, london, uk: http://aporee.org/maps/work/?loc=3D22175
oxford canal, oxford, uk: http://aporee.org/maps/work/?loc=3D22097
market coin table, oxford, uk: http://aporee.org/maps/work/?loc=3D22071