Re: Hello, Thank You, a short (?) introduction - parabolas

Subject: Re: Hello, Thank You, a short (?) introduction - parabolas
From: natureguyusa
Date: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:33 pm ((PST))
David, =0D
We will be making better recordings this year, along with others that alrea=
dy own our microphones. It is currently Winter here. There are samples avai=
lable that were done with an external recorder that were not clipped in any=
 way, but yes, they are currently delivered over websites in a compressed f=
ormat.=0D
=0D
When I mentioned the "4dB microphone", that should be noted it would be a m=
icrophone with a self noise of 4dBA outside of the dish. The parabola has g=
ain, but it will not "swamp" internal mic noise, but will increase the sign=
al to noise ratio. If you use a microphone with lower self noise in a parab=
olic dish, your resulting signal to noise ratio will improve proportionally=
 when compared to a microphone with higher self noise. Having a lower self =
noise microphone always helps. I haven't had the chance to complete an arti=
cle about noise, so stayed tuned, as it will on our website and explain mor=
e about noise. Also read our article on parabolic theory.=0D
=0D
Our distances are accurate in our recordings. I don't know what you are try=
ing to imply. Yes, the microphones work well. We don't need to mess around =
with tricks. If you want to make amazing recordings of your own, you are we=
lcome buy purchase one of our microphones. The great Spring Migration Sale =
just started today.=0D
=0D
Sincerely,=0D
Bruce Rutkoski=0D