Re: Good small recorders?

Subject: Re: Good small recorders?
From: "Scott Hughes" shooze53
Date: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:22 pm ((PST))
Bruce,
I had a ZOOM H4, and a TASCAM DR-100 MKII - returned both of them to the re=
tailer after about 1 month.  I felt the build quality was lacking, switches=
 were low grade.  I purchased the Marantz PMD-661MKII and am happy with aud=
io and build quality.

Hope this helps.  Look into that one.  AA battery use is a plus, in my opin=
ion.

Scott

On 2014-02-10, at 12:16 PM,  wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to hear about what small recorders are working well for reco=
rding nature sounds, especially ones that can have low noise external mic o=
r line inputs. There are a lot of newer ones out there from Tascam and Zoom=
 that I haven't heard much about. I heard great things about the Sony PCM-M=
10 and the Olympus LS-100. If anyone knows of a compiled comparison list, l=
ike from Avisoft, that would be great!