Re: Parabolic Dish As Center Channel?

Subject: Re: Parabolic Dish As Center Channel?
From: natureguyusa
Date: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:04 am ((PST))
Fred,=0D
=0D
Usually post mixing is done to combine a specific single sound highlights t=
o ambient recordings. If you need to simultaneously record ambient and sing=
le highlight subjects, you are going have to rotate/move your set-up to poi=
nt in the direction of the highlight or distant subject you want to pick up=
. This can be difficult if you don't know where that coyote is going to be =
calling from. If you are adding a mono signal of similar levels to a stereo=
 signal, you will have some phase cancellation. If the mono signal is from =
a parabolic dish with very good stray field rejection, and this signal is m=
ixed in at a higher level then the stereo signal, phase cancellation is min=
imal.=0D
=0D
I would like to introduce you to the line of Wildtronics Parabolic Micropho=
nes. We have a Mono-Stereo model that will allow you to record wide-field s=
tereo as well as focused mono. We will be introducing very low noise, micro=
phone preamps integrated into the microphones that will give headphone/line=
 outputs as well as microphone outputs. The Mono-Stereo model with the ampl=
ifier option allows mixing between the stereo and focused mono channels to =
one stereo output. It also allows you to switch off the stereo signal. We a=
lso have a Mono Parabolic Microphone available with or without the amplifie=
r. Our microphones are exceptionally low noise, offer very good stray field=
 rejection, and increased low frequency response. With the Mono-Stereo mode=
l you can simply mount it to a tripod and move at will to pick up the sound=
s you want without moving a dish, SASS, amp, and all the cables. You really=
 won't even need your Mix-Pre D or a super low noise recorder with our ampl=
ifier outputs. The complete amplifier option information and availability w=
ill be up on our website within a week, as these are new products, http://w=
ww.wildtronics.com=0D
=0D
Bruce Rutkoski=0D