Re: some questions about equipments.

Subject: Re: some questions about equipments.
From: "revery" reveryus
Date: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:51 pm ((PDT))
Martyn,

I am also working on a double MS setup using Senheiser. The issue that's be=
en bugging me is how to mount the two cardiods above each other with the ca=
psules lining up as accurately as possible.
With the tape together approach am I right in assuming that the overlap nee=
ded to tape them together means that the capsules cannot be exactly aligned=
 one beneath the other?
How close do you get?
Any tips or tricks in achieving a secure enough taping together with minima=
l overlap would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your work and generosity.

Ray.

On 11/10/2013, at 4:44 AM, Martyn Stewart wrote:

> Juan
> Stay away from the schoeps double MS system, where you live will give you=
 eternal problems with moisture and they will pop and fizz.
> I use both the MKH and Schoeps but always take my trusty sennheisers.
> For the MKH double MS I tape the extra MKH 40 to each other in the rycott=
e mount and use a modified cable XLR 7pin that was fashioned by a local ele=
ctronic shop here. When I return to my studio I will get you all the part #=
s.
> No other MS system will be compatible in the rain forests if Brazil.
>
> Martyn
> www.naturesound.org
>

> On Oct 9, 2013, at 5:30 PM, "Juan Pablo" <> wrote:
>

>> Dear friends,
>>
>> Its time to make an upgrade of my recording equipment.
>> I am think jumping to  a surround arrai, (double ms), using a mkh 30 wit=
h two mkh40. (i am not readi to schoeps sistems yet) So, I believe that was=
 Martyn used this kind of mics to make the double ms, can you explain how t=
o mount the sistem?