Re: Zoom H2n opinions please

Subject: Re: Zoom H2n opinions please
From: "Jez" tempjez
Date: Wed Jun 5, 2013 6:58 am ((PDT))
indeed. Again, what you get with a zoom is more, technically speaking, than=
 us older chaps had for anything near the same price when we started so the=
 zooms serve a purpose for lots of folks & probably the fact that after a w=
hile they begin to hear the problems is actually a good lesson anyway - but=
 spending cash on a device when you could get better for a bit more, or rou=
ghly the same, is not the best idea. Interestingly on a couple of occasions=
 the zoom H1 has been part of tests & the internal mics on that are better =
than those in the H2 & H4 ! & the pre-amp noise seems to be a bit less also=
. Very odd !

--- In  "Robin" <> wrote:

> Jez wrote:
>
> > I know some folks will be ok with it but, as with zoom in general, the =
construction is a bit iffy - very plastic indeed - + the pre-amps are noisy=
 & the mics themselves aren't that good. Whenever we do group mic tests on =
workshops - all set up in a semi-circle recording at the same time etc. the=
 zoom's can always be spotted when we playback the recordings without telli=
ng folks which is which. They're thin & brittle sounding.

> Agreed. I have been in situations where person A is showing off a Zoom to=
 person B and B is loving it, ready to run out and buy one.

> There's no convincing people there are better options. Being popular help=
s make a device even more popular. Same as with many things.