Re: Zoom H2n opinions please

Subject: Re: Zoom H2n opinions please
From: "rterry_uk" rterry_uk
Date: Tue Jun 4, 2013 4:25 pm ((PDT))
Well not checked back for about 24 hours and many many thanks for all the r=
eplies and feedback. Only taken a quick look at the DR-60D while I bookmark=
ed it to look at later in the week with the H6 offering.

I appreciate the time you are all taking posting your thoughts and comments=
. As I said the smaller unit the better for carrying with the video kit but=
 won't deny I'm impressed with some of the 'larger' offerings! I have no ti=
me limits and would rather ask from people who know more about the subject =
than just head to a store and buy without research. I used at one time, a n=
umber of years ago, a Marantz CP430 which wasn't a bad unit but technology =
has moved on and my needs have changed also. I have the choice of recording=
 Dolby digital 5.1 and it does add to what is being watched so I would like=
 to use it.

Thanks again all

Ron

--- In  "Robin" <> wrote:

> Jez wrote:
>
> > I know some folks will be ok with it but, as with zoom in general, the =
construction is a bit iffy - very plastic indeed - + the pre-amps are noisy=
 & the mics themselves aren't that good. Whenever we do group mic tests on =
workshops - all set up in a semi-circle recording at the same time etc. the=
 zoom's can always be spotted when we playback the recordings without telli=
ng folks which is which. They're thin & brittle sounding.

> Agreed. I have been in situations where person A is showing off a Zoom to=
 person B and B is loving it, ready to run out and buy one.

> There's no convincing people there are better options. Being popular help=
s make a device even more popular. Same as with many things.