Re: Winter recording suggestions? + Olympus LS-100 Review

Subject: Re: Winter recording suggestions? + Olympus LS-100 Review
From: "Eric Fassbender" eric.fassbender
Date: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:40 pm ((PDT))
I agree with you Al, this group is an example of how academia was envisione=
d and used to be - a lively exchange of news, findings and different opinio=
ns where the common goal is to further the discipline. I wish I had somethi=
ng similar in my academic field of expertise, however, sadly the world of a=
cademia has become a world of business. That in itself wouldn't be a proble=
m if the people who drive that business wouldn't be managers who have got n=
o idea of academic research or academics who have got no idea of business. =
But that's a different conversation to be had on another day. All I wanted =
to say is that I really appreciate the great people, wealth of knowledge an=
d common interest on this forum. This is the spirit. Thanks for allowing me=
 to be part of this.

Cheers,

Eric

On 13/03/2013, at 2:30 AM, ndbdxr <> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Thank you. Yes, this Group is the best! Not only is it chock-full-of grea=
t (and relevant) info; but some of the *Best* Sound Recordists are Members =
here. World renowned Experts.
> It's a lot of fun to read posts from the Experts :) They are like celebri=
ties that pop-up here :)
> I've found lots of great info here for my wildlife recording notebook (my=
 personal notes). Great opinions on equipment, etc.

> As for my up-coming review of the LS-100, I hope you find it useful. My g=
oal, is to provide some interesting insights, etc. that other reviews may h=
ave missed. There are quite a few reviews of this unit on the Web already..=
.So, it won't be easy!

> Best regards,
> -Al
>
> --- In  "jimfrost.peel" <> wrote:
> >
> > I'd certainly be interested in your review of the LS-100. I've been toy=
ing with getting the LS-14 or the LS-100 for a while now. The LS-100 probab=
ly being overkill for what I want (Currently using an OM-D HD-SLR using the=
 in-built mikes and needing "better quality").

> > It's my first post but I've already learnt a lot from just reading thro=
ugh the forums here.

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > m43.im
> >
> > --- In  "ndbdxr" <ndbdxr@> wrote:
> >
> > > I'll be attempting my first full review of a device which is *not* a =
bat detector: The LS-100 from Olympus, should be arriving any day now.