Re: Most useful microphones for nature recording.

Subject: Re: Most useful microphones for nature recording.
From: "rock_scallop" rock_scallop
Date: Fri Mar 8, 2013 11:37 am ((PST))
Hi David,

I get it now what you mean by fetch. But I think stereo soundscapes
using a variety of techniques can surpass the the fetch of your gun mics. That
is just my opinion based on my own experiences using Rode NT1A mics for stereo
soundscapes. David, you would probably call it reach instead of fetch, but the
stereo image allows for separation between individual sound objects so this
allows for a superior perceived fetch in many cases as long as you know what
you are listening for.

John Hartog
rockscallop.org