Re: Most useful microphones for nature recording.

Subject: Re: Most useful microphones for nature recording.
From: "rock_scallop" rock_scallop
Date: Fri Mar 8, 2013 8:11 am ((PST))
Hi David,
Microphone self noise will certainly be a more important factor than polar plot
as I think a cardiod with 5dB (or two of them even better)could record a more
distant subject more clearly than a long gun with 10db. A highly directional
mic may isolate a specific subject better in certain circumstances, but I do
not see how that effects comparable perceived distances.

John Hartog
rockscallop.org