Re: tripods

Subject: Re: tripods
From: "gweddig" gweddig
Date: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:22 pm ((PST))
I do not use a head on mine either.  This is my tripod in the wide configur=
ation: http://gregweddig.net/images/gregga_array.jpg

--greg weddig

--- In  Max Catterwell <>=
 wrote:

> Hi Peter
> Well no you don't, and I do the same as you with my parallel (a la Rob Da=
nielson) rig. I use one of these (see link below) which I picked up new for=
 =C2=A310 a few years ago, one of best buys I've ever had. The build qualit=
y is superb; equally as good if not better than my Manfrottos. The legs can=
 be splayed for unshakeable stability (I use it for macro photography), and=
 it comes with case and tools. BUT due to it's weight, I wouldn't take it o=
n a plane, I'd take string.
> Cheers
> Max
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00193YD32/ref=3Dmw_dp_img?is=3Dl
>
> Sent from my iPod
>
> On 27 Feb 2013, at 17:30, Peter Shute <> wrote:
>
> > Do you need a head on the tripod at all? I ended up removing mine, savi=
ng a lot of weight, and I screw the SASS straight on. It's handy to be able=
 to adjust the legs on uneven ground, so it's better than the three sticks.