Re: New Telinga PIP Stereo preamp. & EIN

Subject: Re: New Telinga PIP Stereo preamp. & EIN
From: "John Crockett" naturalcontemplative
Date: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 am ((PST))
But that doesn't take into account the gain in the first preamp, does it? J=
ust summing the squares and taking the square root makes it look like the e=
nd result is determined by the noisiest thing in the chain. But clearly you=
 can put a quiet preamp in front of a noisy one and get a better end result=
 than if you just go directly into the noisy preamp. That's what this devic=
e is for, right?

Or am I so confused now that I do not have any idea what I am talking about=
?!! If so, I'll just go away and do some recording.

John

--- In  "Robin"  wrote:

> John Crockett  wrote:
>
> > what is the correct way to calculate the total
> > noise at the end of this chain?
>
> Square each value, sum, then take the square root. This and other calcula=
tions may be found in a Python script I uploaded to the Files section of th=
is group. Look for "EINcalculations.py" in the "Member Files" folder.