Re: More on scrolling spectrograms

Subject: Re: More on scrolling spectrograms
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:28 pm ((PST))
On 12/01/2013, at 10:26 AM, Peter Shute wrote:

> It's about a year since I asked here about methods of producing
> scrolling spectrogram movies for Youtube. At the time, the only
> solutions I was offered were to use screen capture software to
> capture the display of an audio program like Audacity, etc, or
> Acousmographe, which can produce a Flash movie.

Peter,

This may not help you at all, but perhaps other readers might be
interested.  When this topic was discussed a year ago I experimented
with scrolling sonograms using Quicktime movie formats for iMac, and
uploading them to my own website.  I was quite pleased with the (non-
jerky) results, shown here:

http://www.caperteebirder.com/index.php?p=1_18_sonograms

I have had no luck at all with YouTube, often I cannot fully play
video clips from others, they will stall part way through and never
resume.  The download is always VERY slow even tho I have satellite
internet connection.  My luck did not improve in trying to upload a
YouTube movie, even though my screen-capture software iShowU has a
preset YouTube format.  But since the QuickTime movies did all that I
needed, I did not YouTube any further.

Vicki