Re: iRig pre

Subject: Re: iRig pre
From: "Max" oatcruncher
Date: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:38 pm ((PST))
Hi David,
Can you clarify what you mean by the input stage please; the iRig or the LS=
-10? In turn perhaps I should qualify what my intentions are. They are quit=
e simply to try and ascertain how quiet the iRig pre is. Having established=
 some simple ground rules, as I've now done, the next stage is to record so=
me silence with various settings, both on the iRig and LS-10. It will be si=
milar to a previous experiment I did on here a while back, in conjunction w=
ith Rob Danielson, to determine the quality of the internal pre's on Fostex=
 FR2 and FR2-LE, see here:
One thing that has me slightly confused is, that on one side I see that Rai=
mund gives the quietest setting for the LS-10 at maximum gain on HIGH sense=
 setting, and yet I'm sure I recall Vicky saying that in her opinion maximu=
m gain on LOW setting produced the best results? Admittedly there is only 1=
dbu between Raimund's max gain HIGH and LOW sense settings, so it's a mute =
point.
Cheers
Max