Re: Tips DIY for Primo Em172

Subject: Re: Tips DIY for Primo Em172
From: "Mark" seoulgypsy
Date: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:37 pm ((PDT))
Thanks Scott,

Of course wattage^^ and thanks for the target wattage. One of the things th=
at I must have taken for granted while living in the states was access to q=
uality tools. They are sure to be found abroad, although my experience of g=
etting to them is a time consuming and frustrating ordeal.

Cheers!

Mark

On Sep 17, 2012, at 9:44 PM, Scott Fraser <> wrote:

> << To sum up, minimal contact, set up for efficiency, low voltage, low me=
lting point for solder, plenty of flux... >>

> Actually, not low voltage. Low wattage, i.e. 25 watts. The gun-type solde=
ring units are typically 75 watts & not intended for electronics. But the l=
ow wattage irons still run on mains voltage, presumably 220 volts in Vietna=
m.