Re: strange sintony between bird and frog

Subject: Re: strange sintony between bird and frog
From: "Avocet" madl74
Date: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:45 am ((PDT))
> Indeed, there is no doubt that this is also the Nightingale, not a
> frog.

When I enhanced the stereo, as I said in my previous email, the call
and the reply came from different directions, both calls centred on
Message: 5KHz.
Subject: I used a band pass filter to confirm this. I won't argue about
the species involved, but there were two distinctly separated
indivuduals, one making a cheep and the second one a croak.

> A good example can be heard there:
> http://www.xeno-canto.org/40384

This "brrr" looked very different in the waveform view and the
spectrogram from the "frog" and was not based on 5KHz. My money is
still on an amphibian.

David

David Brinicombe
North Devon, UK
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce