Re: strange sintony between bird and frog

Subject: Re: strange sintony between bird and frog
From: "freitojos" freitojos
Date: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:05 pm ((PDT))
Dan,
The recording is ms stereo.
I think it is impossible, allways the frog calls after the bird sound, and =
some frog calls are without the bird sound.Does any bird imitates frog soun=
ds? The frog is rana perezi or hyla meridionalis ( I think this one), I don=
=B4t know exactely but is one of these frogs, wicha are comon in the place =
of the recording.
Regards,
Jos=E9

--- In  Dan Dugan <> wrote:

> > Helo, this is not a good soundscape recording
> >
> > http://soundcloud.com/freitojos/120624t0800z-stange-sintony
> >
> > but I am intrigued about the explanation why the frog in this small sam=
ple responds constantly to the bird sound.
> > I am intrigued, someone can explain this strange to me sintony and corr=
espondence?

> The recording seems mono, which makes it hard to tell, but could it be th=
at the "frog" is actually part of the call of the bird?