Re: beginner needs help with recording

Subject: Re: beginner needs help with recording
From: "Jez" tempjez
Date: Sat Jun 9, 2012 4:24 am ((PDT))
Hi Diane,

i'd be happy to point you to some different mics / recorders etc - there's =
a large range of both & as ever budget will be an influence - but it is pos=
sible to achieve good results even on a tight budget. send me an email if y=
ou want: tempjez (at) hotmail (dot) com

ta.

--- In  "DIANE" <> wrote:

> Hey Jez,
> David hinted as such...I use the Micro BR for recording my performances a=
s a reference. So maybe I should just get another recorder another mic...al=
though I would like to clean up some of my current recordings...so I will a=
lso look into Reaper.
> Any suggestions on a step up for a recorder and mic?
> Thanks,
> Diane
>
> --- In  "Jez" <tempjez@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Diane,
> >
> > another poster here has suggested Audacity, which is ok & free, but a b=
etter option would be Reaper, as this has the ability for you to adjust eq =
& other processing stages while the track is playing rather than the system=
 audacity uses which doesn't allow for rolling adjustments. Reaper is a low=
 cost licence program ($60 I think) but you can 'review' it for as long as =
you want.

> > The hiss you're hearing by the way, as you probably know, is a combinat=
ion of the pre-amps of the recorder & the mic's self noise. The boss micro =
br isn't made for recording in the field of course so it'll struggle a bit =
to give clean recordings but if you don't mind processing your recordings..=
..

> > --- In  "DIANE" <cbbmo@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey Everyone,
> > > I am a pianist/composer who is improvising with birds and creating co=
mpositions. I've been recording with a Boss Micro BR, and a Sony Mic ECMMS9=
07, and there's a lot of hiss in my recordings. I've tried everything to ge=
t the "hiss" out but had no luck.
> > > I realize that all of you have been doing this at a high level for so=
me time...I'm new at this, so any advice you have would be greatly apprecia=
ted.