Re: Best way to build simply DIY stereo mics.

Subject: Re: Best way to build simply DIY stereo mics.
From: "Paul Willison" wolfen49508
Date: Fri May 4, 2012 8:53 pm ((PDT))
David, I ordered the mic capsules from Frogloggers, and while the Primo sit=
e does not show those caps as wired, they came that way. =A0Either Primo do=
es that, or Gene, but either way, I plan on using the existing wires so as =
to avoid having to solder the caps themselves at all! =A0 That's why I was =
asking about just twist wiring...if I can avoid solder altogether, given I'=
ve NEVER soldered anything before(and which may be my issue with my other m=
ics) I will. =A0 On another list, there are several references to glueing m=
ic caps to plugs(RCA in this case, but there were a couple of other referen=
ces to gluing). =A0 I'm wondering if you could just twist wire the mic cap =
wires to the wires of the cable, and glue over them for strength. =A0If the=
y are already twisted, that should not effect conductivity and it might be =
a better way then soldering for a complete rookie such as myself! =A0 I may=
 try that...I can always just cut the wires shorter and star again if it
 does not work