Re: sound quality problem with Soundcloud

Subject: Re: sound quality problem with Soundcloud
From: "Avocet" madl74
Date: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:23 am ((PDT))
> I was interested to know just how high in frequency the Froggatt's
> Buzzers could go, so I've just tried recording them at 192k (highest
> sample rate on the Sound Devices recorder) and their buzzing goes up
> to 60 kHz !!!  I never knew they were in the ultrasonic league!

Vicki,

I regularly use bat detectors and there are ultrasonic crickets in the
UK with no audible components. Harmonics often go up to 60KHz. They
can be a pain especially with input level triggered recorders when you
sometimes have to hunt carefully for the bat calls in hours of
crickets. Shrews also call ultrasonically, but we can sometimes hear
them making a clicking alarm call. BTW all bat echolocation calls are
ultrasonic and the ones we can hear are social calls.

David

David Brinicombe
North Devon, UK
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce