Re: sound quality problem with Soundcloud

Subject: Re: sound quality problem with Soundcloud
From: "Raimund" animalsounds
Date: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:18 am ((PDT))
> I was interested to know just how high in frequency the Froggatt's
> Buzzers could go, so I've just tried recording them at 192k (highest
> sample rate on the Sound Devices recorder) and their buzzing goes up
> to 60 kHz !!!  I never knew they were in the ultrasonic league!

Vicki,

Yes, this is quite common in grasshoppers. There are also numerous species =
that are almost (or completely) inaudible to the human ear, but extremely n=
oisy in the ultrasonic range. European examples for that are for instance t=
he Short-Winged Conehead, the Wart Biter or the Speckled Bush-Cricket. See =
spectrograms and listen to slowed-down songs at http://www.avisoft.com/soun=
ds.htm#insects

Regards,
Raimund