Re: Sony PCM-M10 - decent external stereo mic?

Subject: Re: Sony PCM-M10 - decent external stereo mic?
From: "Robin" escalation746
Date: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:03 am ((PST))
Ben wrote:

> I've owned two NT4s and noticed an increase
> in noise (~4-5dB from memory) when I used
> 9v battery power on them.  It's a shame.

Thanks for the correction. I have not used the NT4. Specs for mics I have u=
sed have not indicated this pattern, but then again specs are often simplif=
ied to the point of being misleading.

I have noticed no difference with my Sennheiser ME66 + K6, but then again I=
 don't use it in a low-noise studio environment. I would not be surprised i=
f the "no difference" was in fact around 3dB.

-- robinparmar.com