Re: New Soundscapes

Subject: Re: New Soundscapes
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Mon Jan 9, 2012 11:57 am ((PST))
Used to have a place (early 1960s) right on the coast a few km south
of Inverness, Mark. So I know the area well. Especially remember the
great fiddle music in and around the west coast of the cape. I recall
that the soundscape was lovely all over Cape Breton but it was a few
years before I had even considered that as a viable medium.

I did manage to capture the coal miners singing as they plied their
craft in the shafts that were bored under the ocean off of Glace Bay.
Pretty remarkable story in itself.

Bernie