Re: sound edit pops

Subject: Re: sound edit pops
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Fri Oct 7, 2011 10:25 am ((PDT))
<<On a Mac using Peak LE, I tried using the crossfade/ linear blend
method via Preferences, Blending, 30 ms. It didn't work. And nor
did a setting using zero crossings. Then I tried randomly chopping
out some bits from a half minute audio track in Peak, lots of clicks
at the cuts.

Then opened this clicky file in Izotope RX and used the Declicker
function, just selected the whole track and applied the declicker and
like magic all the clicks disappeared!>>

RX is great for anything like that, but what a long way around the block to=
 fix a problem which shouldn't exist in the first place. I don't edit in PE=
AK, but it is sold as a fully functional editor, so there should be no prob=
lems with clicks at all. In Digital Performer a crossfade edit takes second=
s, if that, once the in & out points are decided. Any standard issue DAW sh=
ould do the same. I'm surprised to hear of people having difficulty getting=
 clean edits with software & wonder if it isn't a procedural rather than a =
technological problem.

Scott Fraser