Re: sound edit pops

Subject: Re: sound edit pops
From: "NormanD" nrdavies.jim71
Date: Tue Oct 4, 2011 3:36 pm ((PDT))
waw, this topic certainly turned out to have a lot of miles in it.

My original 'zero crossing' as a quicky help line hand for the OP was based=
 on the fact that I've never once had a problem with the zero crossing meth=
od. Even with a DC shift, the zero is a zero, with the software I use, whic=
h is the old Syntrillium Software Cool Edit Pro 2.

The discussion here has had me thinking things I've not thought about befor=
e. I'm wondering if the application's code routines may have an effect on t=
he various experiences people are having. Until an edited file is saved as =
a single section it's quite likely that the component parts are being sent =
to the hardware as seperate buffer feeds. The software could be responsible=
 for the click in that situation.

If you really need to test this out, you could try saving the edited compos=
ite and then reload it before testing for an audible click.

I've used software that will loop a perfectly chopped sine wave section and=
 have a noticable artifact at the loop point. I can save that file, reload =
it into Cool Edit and play it in loop mode and it runs perfectly with nothi=
ng noticable at all.

The point, be sure your software app' isn't the source of what you are hear=
ing.

All the best to you folks,

Norman.