Re: sound edit pops

Subject: Re: sound edit pops
From: "Jeremiah Moore" jeremiahmoore99
Date: Sun Oct 9, 2011 11:41 pm ((PDT))
Almost hesitant to chime in here, after so much banter has gone by...

I edit in Pro Tools, and fades are always tweaked for the individual
instance.  10ms is great (approx the degree of time-resolution the human
hearing mechanism can resolve), as is 30ms-ish, a bit smoother.

But don't be afraid of Very long crossfades for purposes of smooth blending
/ integration of shifting background sounds.  I've on occasion done 30
second crossfades, and 10-seconds is not uncommon.  Depends completely and
utterly on the material.  (if it sounds good, it is good.  Unless you're
working on scientific data, in which case of course accurate is accurate.)

It's worth spending some time to figure out the crossfade functions of your
editing software and how they function and how they can be used to engage
the material

-jeremiah

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Scott Fraser <>wrote:

> **
>

> <<Yes Scott, I now have Blending turned ON and it works perfectly!
> Foolproof settings for me seemed to be linear blend and 30 ms, for no
> clicks even with random and mismatched selections.>>
>
> Great. Glad that worked. No need to RX clicks caused at edits then, & a lot
> of trouble averted.
>

> Scott Fraser

jeremiah moore | SOUND |
http://www.jeremiahmoore.com/