Re: Green Frog Chorus

Subject: Re: Green Frog Chorus
From: "Mark Brennan" markbrennanfinear=
Date: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:13 pm ((PDT))

Usually John I dont touch the gain in post, especially if the levels were g=
ood
at the time of the recording. Sometimes I=A0might push certain frequencies =
to=A0give
the soundscape a better 'composition" in post.=A0For me nature recording
is=A0different than music production. Sometimes a quiet environment deserve=
s a
quiet approach where as recording something like surf (its power and deep b=
ass
sound) deserves an approach that will bring out those characteristics. The =
only
thing I would say is pay attention to everything you hear in the field and =
see
if you can bring it all out by getting the mics in the right place. As for =
CD
production, I dont=A0worry too much about the levels.. the tracks speak for=

themselves I guess and as long as you have a consistent approach in the=A0f=
ield
things should be ok. I am sure there are others on the list who=A0could lik=
ely
offer more technical advice than=A0I !
tks

Mark

=A0
Mark A. Brennan
Canadian Landscape Painter - web
Nature Recordist - web
Follow me on:
twitter=A0 facebook=A0 soundcloud=A0 bandcamp