Re: Introduction and request for equipment advice

Subject: Re: Introduction and request for equipment advice
From: "rlkramer1" rlkramer1
Date: Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:47 am ((PDT))
Hi Peter, see my response to you in my thread as well.  I'll try to answer =
more of your specific questions with my limmited use.

I know there are at least some people using the H4N.  On the BirdForum webs=
ite there is a subforum for song recording and you can find more discussion=
 on it's use there.  I have found the recorder very easy to use.  mic in on=
e hand recorder in the other.  Put it in standby an you can begin recording=
 instanlty (picks up two seconds before instantly). I have a 3 ft XLR cable=
 and that's the biggest problem, too much cable.  Not much of a problem, bu=
t with the headset line, tangles are the biggest nusiance.  I'm thinking of=
 buying a hard hat and mounting a shock mount on the hat to free one hand L=
OL.  Maybe secure the recorder itself on my shirtsleave with velcro. Then I=
 can still carry my glasses and camera.

Cheers!
Ronnie Kramer
Austin, Texas

--- In  Peter Shute <> wrote:

> - Is buying an LS-7 with no effective warranty much of a risk?
> - Does anyone know where to buy one in Australia with a warranty?
> - Is the H4N as good as the LS series for bird call recording? It seems v=
ery  oriented towards music recording.
> -Is it as easy to use?
> - One advantage of Olympus recorders was that lots of people use them. Ar=
e there as many using Zooms? It's nice to have a lot of people to ask for a=
dvice.