Re: DIY 1/8 input stereo mic...wiring question.

Subject: Re: DIY 1/8 input stereo mic...wiring question.
From: "Paul Willison" wolfen49508
Date: Mon May 23, 2011 7:42 pm ((PDT))
Thanks guys.  Here's the thing though, the mic capsules are pre-soldered/wi=
red,
with about 2" of wire.  There are 3 wires per capsule, red, white,
plain(uncoated), and of course, no explanation of what goes where!  I had h=
oped
that speaker wires were wired internally with the same color code, thus mak=
ing
life easy, but no such luck.   Because the lead wired off the capsules have=
 raw
ends, I will not need to solder at all if I can just figure out what color =
wire
goes where!   If the wire I end up with is uniform(no separate internal wir=
es),
such as RCA cable, any thoughts on what color MIGHT mean what?  Again...the=
y had
no readable diagram(there was a wiring diagram on the package, but it was
literally unreadable).  I "think" the capsules came from Radio shack, but m=
ost
of the package is faded and unreadable.  I got them for free from a friend =
who
did not remember where he even got them, but had no use for them.  Oh, they=
 DO
mention that freq. response is 20hz to 15,000, so it seems a usable range. =

Anyway, again, the main problem seems to be figuring out how to wire them.