Would Like Opinions On Mics If You Have Them.

Subject: Would Like Opinions On Mics If You Have Them.
From: "scratchpaws" scratchpaws
Date: Sun May 8, 2011 4:13 pm ((PDT))
Alas, I'm planning to purchase one of these microphones. I plan to use it w=
ith a Sony D50 Portable Recorder for isolating and recording nature sounds =
at 100-200 ft.

Wondering if anyone has experience/opinions on either, or other advice. Bot=
h seem to be highly rated; about the same price with xlr/mini adapter for t=
he Azden.

Any help here much appreciated.

Azden SGM 1X Shotgun
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/238826-REG/Azden_SGM_1X_SGM_1X_Shotgu=
n_Mic.html
Electret Condenser
Supercardioid
FR: 80 Hz - 18 kHz
Dynamic Range (Typical)         80 dB
Signal-to-Noise Ratio   65 dB
Maximum Input Sound Level       110 dB
Power Requirements      1.5v DC; 0.2mA (AAA Battery, Features Approximately 100=
0 Hours of Use)
Output Impedance        680 Ohms (at 1kHz)
Output Connectors       XLR-3M Type
Pad     None
Low Frequency Roll-Off  6 dB/Octave, (@ 200 Hz)

Sony ECM CG50 Pro Shotgun
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/749831-REG/Sony_ECM_CG50BP_ECM_CG50_S=
hotgun_Microphone.html
Electret Condenser
Cardioid (Sharp Directivity)
FR: 40Hz ~ 20kHz
Dynamic Range (Typical)         80dB or more
Signal-to-Noise Ratio   18dB SPL (Average) ???????????????
Maximum Input Sound Level       100dB SPL or More
Power Requirements      Combination of AA alkaline dry battery and/or plug-in p=
ower
Size AA alkaline dry battery (sold separately)
Output Connector        1/8" (3.5mm_ gold coating L-type stereo mini plug
Sensitivity     -48dB / Pa =B14dB