Re: Archival quality DVD burners

Subject: Re: Archival quality DVD burners
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Mon May 2, 2011 9:00 am ((PDT))
Hi Jeremiah--
Interesting. What is the result with the failed reads? The bad file
transfers and is corrupt or won't read/copy as an entity on the disc?

Same burner(s) since 2000?  What model(s)?

Checking the redundant copies periodically and recopying them every
few years is hard work but managable for drives, not for >1000 disks.
Are you not re-burning your optical disks now and just going to
drives?  However at risk, I still see the disks as my best hope in
the likelihood I'll never keep up.  A 1TB failing to mount is a bad
thought. :-) Rob

  =3D =3D =3D