ultra portable recorder

Subject: ultra portable recorder
From: "Marinos Koutsomichalis" marinoskouts=
omichalis
Date: Sat Apr 9, 2011 9:18 am ((PDT))

unfortunately my marantz PMD661 is not working anymore, so I need to buy st=
h new - but - I cannot afford it at the moment..

so I was thinking instead of waiting for some undetermined time.. maybe I s=
hould buy some really cheap portable recorder with onboard mics and use it =
for a while
and keep it as a backup device afterwards,

I happen to have a pair of binaurals, too, that I could use

I was wandering what the list would suggest - I need sth cheap..

maybe sth like the tascam dr-07 ?? I found no measurements on its noise on =
the internet.. what performs best in terms of mic noise, the dr-02, dr-07 o=
r dr-08 for example ??

thx

--
Marinos Koutsomichalis
Music Research Center, University of York