Re: New ultrasound microphone - The Ultramic200K

Subject: Re: New ultrasound microphone - The Ultramic200K
From: "Raimund" animalsounds
Date: Fri Apr 8, 2011 10:46 am ((PDT))
Hi Gianni,

Yes, I know that you do this kind of digital signal processing also for a v=
ery long time. So, please accept my apologies.

Regards,
Raimund

--- In  Gianni Pavan <> wrote:

> [...]
> 43-48.
>
> *PAVAN G.*, PRIANO M., DE CARLI P., LACHAUD J.-P., FANFANI A., GIOVANNOTT=
> M., 1997. Stridulatory organ and ultrasonic emission in certain species o=
> Ponerine ants (Genus *Ectatomma* and *Pachycondyla*, Hymenoptera,
> Formicidae). Bioacoustics, 8 (3&4): 209-221.
>
> *
> *
>
> *Pavan G.*, Manghi M., Fossati C., 2001. Software and hardware sound
> analysis tools for field work. Proc. 2nd Symposium on Underwater Bio-sona=
> and Bioacoustic Systems. Proc. I.O.A., Vol. 23 (part 4): 175-183.
>
> Riccobene G. and NEMO Collaboration*. 2009. Long-term measurements of
> acoustic background noise in very deep sea. Nucl. Instr. and Meth. A. 604
> (2009) S149-S157.          * "NEMO Collaboration" includes *G.Pavan*
>

> 2011/4/8 Raimund <>
>

> > Hi Gianni,
> >
> > it seems that SeaWave now learns all the features that I implemented in=
 my
> > Avisoft-RECORDER software during the last 12 years ;-)
> >
> > Bye the way, there will be soon considerably cheaper UltraSoundGate dev=
ice
> > variants that come with the bundled Avisoft-RECORDER software and that
> > should still support sample rates from 250 to 1000 kHz, depending on th=
> > model. So, stay tuned...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Raimund
> >

> > --- In  Gianni Pavan <gpavan@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > > if you use the Ultramic200 with SeaWave, even on a small tablet or
> > > netbook pc you can record to disk at 200k sampling and see the
> > spectrogram
> > > on the screen. THEN you can play back the files with the "Play speed"
> > option
> > > (in the "basic settings" panel) at reduced speed while maintaing the
> > correct
> > > frequency/time measures on the spectrogram display.
> > > I'm now working to add to seawave an option, already developed for ou=
> > own
> > > research on dolphins, that allows - while recording and displaying - =
> > > shift in real-time a 20 kHz frequency band down to audible range, e.g=
.
> > 60-80
> > > kHz down to 0-20 kHz; if working in 2 channels mode (but the input si=
gnal
> > is
> > > still mono) you can get on the headphone two shifted bands, e.g. 40-6=
0kHz
> > on
> > > the right channel and 60-80 on the left channel. A further option sti=
ll
> > in
> > > development allows to "compress" the spectrum into the audible range,=
 of
> > > course with artifacts, but still useful to "hear" the ultrasounds.
> > >
> > > Gianni
> >

> >   Reply to sender<=3DRe%3A%20New%20ultrasound%=
20microphone%20-%20The%20Ultramic200K>| Reply
> > to group<=3DRe%3A%20New%20ultra=
sound%20microphone%20-%20The%20Ultramic200K>| Reply
> > via web post<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naturerecordists/post;_ylc=
=3DX3oDMTJxNzZxbWhjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjY4NjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgz=
NjYzBG1zZ0lkAzQ0MDM4BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTMwMjI3NTAzMA--?act=3D=
reply&messageNum=3D44038>| Start
> > a New Topic<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naturerecordists/post;_ylc=3D=
X3oDMTJlOW84dHMwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjY4NjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgzNjY=
zBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMwMjI3NTAzMA-->
> > Messages in this topic<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naturerecordists/m=
essage/44023;_ylc=3DX3oDMTM2MGw0M3ZqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjY4NjAEZ3J=
wc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgzNjYzBG1zZ0lkAzQ0MDM4BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMwMj=
I3NTAzMAR0cGNJZAM0NDAyMw-->(
> > 7)
> >  Recent Activity:

;_ylc=3DX3oDMTJmbGF1cmYzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjY4NjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA=
1MDgzNjYzBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEzMDIyNzUwMzA-?o=3D6>
> >    5

=3DX3oDMTJlYnUwMW1pBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjY4NjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgz=
NjYzBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTMwMjI3NTAzMA-->