Re: Parallel Boundary Rig with MKH-8020

Subject: Re: Parallel Boundary Rig with MKH-8020
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Mon Feb 7, 2011 9:17 am ((PST))
At 9:05 AM -0600 2/6/11, Curt Olson wrote:
>  <snip>
>The PBB2 approach that Mike Rooke suggested is a worthy alternative
>you should consider. These rigs tend to deliver super-clean imaging
>and detail. And because the mic capsules are flush to the boundaries,
>they tend to "pull in" distant sounds a bit more effectively than the
>parallel boundary or winged arrays.

Hi Curt et al--
I took 20 minutes "off" this morning to post my most recent plans for
a SASS-like variant (PBMB2) that might be informative on this point.

http://tinyurl.com/4rx2vfp

Sorry I've not been more participative lately. Town Board duties call.

There's a strong possibility that a power company will propose a
354,000 volt transmission line passing over Campground C in Star
Valley where many Recordist camp outs have been staged in the
Kickappo Valley Reserve. Almost all of my spare time has been
consumed with trying to learn more about the midwest regional plan
being put forth by multiple companies of which this line would be
small part. The market plan, apparently, is to create an export
system that would enable power utilities all along extensive west to
east running lines to sell electricity at higher and higher prices.
These line are being advertised as "green,"  (small amounts of wind
generation added from Great Plains wind farms ) but the data, so far,
suggests otherwise.

Recordists and electric bill payers in North Dakota, South Dakota,
Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska and Manitoba and
Ontario Canada can help with the information gathering efforts we are
making. Contact me off-list.

We also have multiple uses for recordings of high voltage
transmission lines. Thanks.  Rob D.

  =3D =3D =3D =3D