Re: post processing setup questions

Subject: Re: post processing setup questions
From: "Kenton Brede" ktbrede
Date: Thu Dec 9, 2010 5:49 am ((PST))
On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Paul Jacobson <> wrote:

> On 08/12/2010, at 4:05 AM, Kenton Brede wrote:
>
> > I've decided to purchase either a windows or mac laptop for post
> > processing my audio
>
> Hi Kenton,
>
> If you don't need mic preamps on the interface, I'd suggest taking a look=
 at the Echo Audio Audiofire 2. The AF2 is a very small interface > that ha=
s balanced line-in and line-out, with support for midi and spdif in/out on =
a plug in "dongle". While it looks pretty basic the AF2
> uses the same converter chips as the RME FireFace 400 and has very good s=
ound quality for the price. Basically you're not paying for
> 2 or 4 channels of preamps you may never use.

Thanks all for the feedback. :)

I wasn't very clear in my message.  I'm not going to be recording with
the laptop, just post processing audio.  The audio card I was
referring to would be used to interface with the monitor speakers.
Kent