Re: Question About SP-BMC-20 and Similar

Subject: Re: Question About SP-BMC-20 and Similar
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:38 am ((PDT))
At 7:39 PM +1000 10/25/10, Greg Hooper wrote:

>I have the sony too - it is excellent. Something I am going to try is
>putting a baffle between the two mics to increase separation. Alternativel=
>- and what I use at the moment - is the Matt Lindsay Phase_EQ
><http://rekkerd.org/matthew-lindsay-releases-ncl-phase-eq/>http://rekkerd.=
org/matthew-lindsay-releases-ncl-phase-eq/

>but Reaper (which i use) has pretty good stereo imaging plugins built in a=
nd
>there are lots of others too

Hi Greg--
Nice free plug in find! Using EQ with stereo imaging adjustments
really seems to help doesn't it?  We should post some Reaper
"template" sessions using only native plugs for M-S processing to
share.  I think I can find one to post with some instructions
somewhere,..

Raimund did some test recordings with a baffle on his M10. Its
certainly worth further exploration.. Some discussion about his
results is here: http://tinyurl.com/2ahex2c  and more generally,
http://tinyurl.com/2bm2ug6

One can also buy what appear to be the same mic capsules that are in
the M10 for making an array with a physically wider spread, for
clip-on, boundary, vest, hat, mounting etc:
http://tinyurl.com/2dgr39j Rob D.