Re: Beginner Equipment Question

Subject: Re: Beginner Equipment Question
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Tue Oct 5, 2010 5:41 pm ((PDT))
At 12:48 PM -0500 10/5/10, Rick Munday wrote:

>Rob,
>
>Thanks for the analysis!
>
>Could you share what adjustments you did? I would love to learn this aspec=
>of it as well. I tinkered some in Audition but my result was nothing like
>this! Sounds like it's from a completely different setup.

Hi Rick--
The plug-in settings wouldn't make a lot of sense on their own. Here
are some posts/demos about the techniques. THis order might make the
best sense:

http://fieldpost.blogspot.com/2009/04/equalization-technique-for-diffuse.ht=
ml

http://fieldpost.blogspot.com/2009/06/comparing-apeq-to-eqium-20.html

http://fieldpost.blogspot.com/2010/09/comparison-of-two-low-frequency.html

>I've got my heart set on a nicer rig and am looking, reading and learning.
>Problem is budget :) I can see where I can have a fairly nice rig for ~$50=
0
>and an awesome rig for ~$5000,...

The below mics are $10 each and will probably more than keep you
happy while you save up buck bucks. As PIP omnis, these mics can be
used in many many DIY stereo arrays. I use these type of mics with my
$140 Zoom H2.

>...but it might be better to keep your Mikey unit intact and get
>some of these mic capsules for
>  > experimenting:
><http://www.frogloggers.com/BT%20EM172.htm>http://www.frogloggers.com/BT%2=
Message: 0EM172.
Subject: htm

More about small electret mics and other links in the FAQ. Rob D.