Re: MHK800 Twin versus MKH30/40

Subject: Re: MHK800 Twin versus MKH30/40
From: "clay" dan.cesonrocks
Date: Fri Sep 3, 2010 3:56 pm ((PDT))
thanks Rob,

I keep forgetting about the side-facing 'feature'.  :)
thanks for the reminder.

and thanks to Grant as well, I have a 20 that I use with my 30 occasionally
as well.  Now I won't feel so 'weird' when I pair an omni with a figure-8.

going back to the 800 Twin for a moment, I"m assuming this can operate as a
side facing 'stereo' mic (which much better side noise characteristics than
the MKH418S) so long as I assume mid-side decoding/monitoring?

clay