Re: ????????? Microphones ??????????

Subject: Re: ????????? Microphones ??????????
From: "Kevin Colver" kjcolver
Date: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:59 am ((PDT))
I'd go with the Sony D50 all by itself for awhile and see how you like
it.  I've got one that I use regularly. With 4 AA batteries and a good
SD card I can leave it recording all night and into the next morning.  =

Handy, portable, and not bad sound.  Get the furry little wind screen
made for it.

For only a few thousand dollars more you can improve on the sound
slightly with high end gear.  Or, more importantly, you can be very
careful or very lucky to place the recorder in the perfect spot.
You'll find that the fieldcraft of recorder placement is a critical
factor in making a good recording.  You'll also find that's where the
challenge and fun lies.

Good Luck,
Kevin

www.7Loons.com