Olympus LS-11 - problems with long continuous recording

Subject: Olympus LS-11 - problems with long continuous recording
From: "Stan Courtney" stancourtney
Date: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:43 am ((PDT))
On January 26, 2010 I bought the Olympus LS-11.  This week I received a
refund check in full.

The LS-11 in mp3 or wma mode (even when using a 32
gb sdhc card) has a limit of 4 gb recording per session.  I bought the unit=

wanting to do extended length ambient nature recording. According to the ch=
art
in the LS-11 users guide it could record over a 1,000 hrs using the 32 gb. =
sdhc
card.

Short story - in continuous mode the unit is limited to one file of
4 gb size. Totally unusable for my purposes of recording for long periods i=
n remote areas.

Stan Courtney

http://www.stancourtney.com/=20=09=09=20=09=20=20=20=09=09
Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox=
.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=3DPID28326::T:WLMTAGL:O=
N:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1