Re: Olympus LS-11 - problems with long continuous recording

Subject: Re: Olympus LS-11 - problems with long continuous recording
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:07 pm ((PDT))
At 8:42 AM -0500 6/24/10, Stan Courtney wrote:
>On January 26, 2010 I bought the Olympus LS-11. This week I received a
>refund check in full.
>
>The LS-11 in mp3 or wma mode (even when using a 32
>gb sdhc card) has a limit of 4 gb recording per session. I bought the unit
>wanting to do extended length ambient nature recording. According to the c=
hart
>in the LS-11 users guide it could record over a 1,000 hrs using the
>32 gb. sdhc
>card.
>
>Short story - in continuous mode the unit is limited to one file of
>4 gb size. Totally unusable for my purposes of recording for long
>periods in remote areas.
>
>Stan Courtney
>
><http://www.stancourtney.com/>http://www.stancourtney.com/

Hi Stan--

Gosh, dealers sure can receive money faster than that. Sorry to hear
about both disappointing experiences.

I updated our RecorderList to reflect your report and added the DR680
while I was at it.

https://pantherfile.uwm.edu/type/www/audio-reports/RecorderList/RecorderLis=
t.htm

The download xls spreadsheet download was not updated, though.

Its hard for me to keep up all the new recorders,.. Are there any
others of special interest to us that really need to be added?   If
anyone wants to download the current .xls and add stuff and send me
the .xls, that would be really fine. Rob D.

  =3D =3D =3D