Re: equipment questions

Subject: Re: equipment questions
From: "June Newman" lovebirdsandbugs
Date: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:09 pm ((PDT))
I appreciate all the helpful responses.  When I wrote, my immediate
need was a small recorder for doing a BBS route alone with no
helper.  I thought I might as well get something that would also
serve the other need.  I'm intrigued by what I've found here, by the
complexity of acoustics, struck with my lack of education in the
basic physics involved.  I backed up, bought a $40 Olympus for the
immediate BBS route necessity, and will lurk on your list awhile, and
do some study in the background science besides the applications
specific to my needs before parting with more of my closely guarded
money.   I think the one I ordered will take an external mic, so I
may even try some rudimentary bird recording with it, with very low
expectations.

I'm impressed with this list, with its apparent adherence to its
purpose and topic and I'll enjoy listening in.  My fear is that I may
fall prey to the condition many of you appear to suffer, and get
hooked.  I guess I could do worse.

June