Re: equipment questions

Subject: Re: equipment questions
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:13 pm ((PDT))
June,

You could use one of the smaller flash-card recorders and built in
mics for starters, which would be adequate for species
identification.  Later you could add a directional mic.  Perhaps the
Olympus LS10 is now selling cheaper than it was, after the new model
LS11 was introduced?  Other folk may have good suggestions such as
Zoom H2 which I've not used.

As Mitch says, Audacity is good software, works for Mac and is free
or almost free.  And if you want to make sonograms, try Raven Lite
Message: 1.
Subject: 0 which is free and works well on a Mac.

cheers,

Vicki