Re: equipment questions

Subject: Re: equipment questions
From: "Mitch Hill" wa1ykn
Date: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:11 pm ((PDT))
Don,
There is a simple and about as near perfect solution to the cable that I
should have included in what I wrote for June...

www.sweetwater.com sells microphone cables amongst other things, in
particular, Hosa Technologies XVM-105F.  This cable is made for hooking up=

microphones with the XLR connector to video cameras and PCM recorders with=

the 3.5mm stereo connector.   This cable is wired so the monoral
microphone's output is connected to both the tip and ring of the 3.5mm
stereo plug putting the sound into both the recorders channels.   I paid
$9.69 including shipping and its plug and record...  Works perfectly right=

out of the box...  Cable is well made, not bulky or stiff, and has a molded=

on right angle 3.5mm plug which puts less stress on the recorder than a
straight plug.

Call AJ Petersen at Sweetwater,  1-800222-4700  ext. 1348, he knows all
about cabling microphones to recorders of this type and pointed me in the
right direction for a cable.

Mitch...

--
TNX, 73, Mitch Hill - K1FH