Re: Audio files now online.

Subject: Re: Audio files now online.
From: "Mitch Hill" wa1ykn
Date: Sun Jun 6, 2010 7:25 pm ((PDT))
Vicki found and pointed out a glitch to me.

>At 09:42 AM 6/7/2010 +1000, Vicki wrote:
> >Hi Mitch,
> >
> >I tried your '4shared' link and could listen to your sounds, but
> >could not download them.  The sound played only in the left hand side
> >of my headphones.

I'm not sure but I suspect Vicki tried Bluejay01.mp3 file which is a mono
file and it does have sound only in one channel.

I use Audacity for a sound editor and a bit of reading in the help area and=

I found little explanation as to a solution however going through the
plug-ins for Audacity, I found one titled "MS to Stereo"

So I ran it.  It worked, it duplicates the sound in channel 1 into Channel =
Message: 2.
Subject: ..

I have uploaded the corrected file, Bluejay01.mp3 with sounds in both chann=
els.
This link should get you the file:
http://www.4shared.com/audio/qUMoinTn/BlueJay01.html

If someone would please try this and let me know if it works, I'd be
grateful...

This file, Bluejay01.mp3, is one of my favorites done in the last couple da=
ys.
While sitting at my computer working, I heard a commotion in the back yard=

and went into the next room to look out the open window and there, fifty
feet behind the house sat a foolish crow in a small hardwood tree hardly
big enough to hold him. Two Bluejays were hard at it harassing him and half=

a dozen or so Grackles were sitting in other trees close by and adding
heckling to what was going on.

Scattered through out this recording, you can here little soft crow noises=

of protest, especially during the first five seconds of the recording, they=

are easily identified.  After 1 minute 23 seconds of my recording, the crow=

gave up, gave a soft grunt of frustration and you can hear his wings
flapping as he left...

--

Thanks,
Mitch & Shadow...