Re: Advice/Opinions on stereo mic cable

Subject: Re: Advice/Opinions on stereo mic cable
From: "Flawn Williams" flawn1951
Date: Sun May 9, 2010 5:36 am ((PDT))
Definitely avoid having an inline splice, having the junction inside
the five pin connector is far better.

But also bear in mind that there are commercially available splitter
cables that do this task for you. Rode, Audio-Technica, Neumann, and
many other companies who sell stereo mikes with five pin XLRs provide
a pre-made five pin to twin three pin splitter cable with their mikes,
and those should be available as separate purchases as well. Unless
you are adept with working with wiring in a tight space, the pre-made
cables will likely perform better and last longer than your home-brew
construction.

One example:

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?item=3DSP-XLRF5=
-XLRM3-2