Re: Desktop monitors

Subject: Re: Desktop monitors
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:36 am ((PDT))
<<you can get ALesis M1 (non MKII) for $200 a pair now! >>

I did some quick listening to some percussion tracks I was recording
several years ago in Alaska on the predecessor of the Alesis M1, the
smallest model, with 4" or 5"  woofer and, not unexpectedly, I found
them so lacking in bass as to not provide any useful information for
the project at hand, which involved bass drums, snares & toms. Then
again, if they are to be used with a subwoofer, that will take care of
the low end issue. Personally I would try to move a little further up
the food chain from Alesis, but I need to make records for commercial
release, so my needs are perhaps more demanding.

Scott Fraser